The role of the Paraplanner is to support the Financial Planner(s) and Adviser(s) when informing and advising Clients on financial strategies, plans and products.
Key Contributions and Outputs
- Supporting the Financial Planner(s) and Adviser(s) in research and analysis to meet Client needs and objectives
- Supporting the Financial Planner(s) and Adviser(s) in preparing Client financial plans and suitability reports
- Developing and maintaining internal relationships to help maintain business flow and meet agreed targets
- Promoting the profile of the business within the profession and wider communities
- Continuous professional development to meet regulatory requirements and personal development needs
- Ensuring that any business conducted is done in a responsible and compliant manner, meeting all legislative requirements, both internally and externally.
The role holder is responsible for:
- The technical aspects of preparing for Client meetings, including:
- Preparing and compiling financial analysis data
- Analysing Client data and preparing cash flow analyses
- Researching products to support recommendations
- Compiling financial planning recommendations and suitability reports
- Providing support for the Financial Planner(s) and Adviser(s)
- Ensuring that all regulatory and compliance standards are met
- Liaising with product providers and other relevant third parties
- Ensuring that all Client requirements are followed through to the appropriate conclusion
- Managing, recording and monitoring Client annual reviews on behalf of the Financial Planner(s) and Adviser(s)
- Assisting the Financial Planner(s) and Adviser(s) with Client presentations and any other activities as agreed
- Individual workflow and task delivery
- Assisting the Head of Research with annual technical reviews of services and products.
The role holder will keep up to date with legislative and industry changes which affect the business and its Clients.
The role holder may, from time to time, be required to undertake reasonable additional or other duties as are necessary to meet the needs of the business.
If you’re looking for a new challenge and think you have the relevant qualifications and experience, please get in touch!