International investors acquire billions of UK energy assets

As the British government continues finalise its upcoming energy security strategy, investors from abroad have struck deals valued at £7 billion for UK energy infrastructure.

Ørsted, the Denmark-based energy company, has now sold a 50 per cent stake in its wind farm project, Hornsea Two, to French finance firms – Axa and Crédit Agricole – in a deal worth £3 billion.

The Hornsea Two scheme will see the development and construction of one of the largest offshore-style wind farms in the world. Located just off the coast of Yorkshire coast, the windfarm will generate enough electricity to supply 1.3 million homes with power.

The project is the second phase in a greater initiative and follows the completion of another wind farm development, Hornsea One. Work finished on the first Hornsea wind farm in 2020, when it officially became the world’s largest offshore wind farm.

In another deal, Britain’s National Grid sold off a 60 per cent stake in its UK business for gas transmission, an investment consortium made up of Australian and North American investors. The buyers are led by Macquarie, an Australian bank. The consortium has also been given the option to purchase the remaining 40 per cent of the business in the future.

Companies and consumers seeking investment advice in Shropshire, Yorkshire and other parts of the UK often look to wealth managers for guidance. Whether investors are interested in putting funds into energy infrastructure or have an interest in obtaining overseas assets, they can receive an unbiased and expert opinion.

Share:

Recent Posts

How to Secure your Family's Future

Download our FREE eBook Now

Do you need help navigating the world of finance? Do you want to secure your family the best financial future possible?Download our Free eBook now.